Saturday, January 31, 2009

Two days ago, I turned 26.

And as my 25th year had brought me just about the worst trials,
It just may've been my year of blessings...
these things, supposedly dont come in pretty packages
And this one, surely didnt.

I was out of school
I felt like a failure
I was in love
Unrequited, at that.
I had to let go
He had.
She, had not.
He didnt.
I was back and forth
With a man who just would not, let me go
But triangles arent circles
And all its three corners just did not work
Too tight... too this...too that...we just didnt work
I restarted school. Or was it that school restarted me?
Not exactly sure.
But am here now... and loving what life has forgiven me...in my 25th year.

And this circle
is approximating
closing in on me
and somehow, i feel some warmth
and i realize that dreaming
even to oneself
is valid.
And all dreams,
even in the funniest ways,
become reality.
And that prayers
are in thoughts
and in words
and in wishes
and much more so,
in dreams.
And i thank God
for the new additions
the old subractions
and the stagnant loves...
and that he/she/it did not wait
for me to utter words
but simply did
give me the best gift for my 26th year...

Now, I am 26.
And that much wiser.
And that much calmer.
And that much... more... understanding.
That everything, passes.
And love, forgives.
And love, forgives.
And people... please understand...that love, forgives.
And it forgives.
And i have forgiven.
And she has forgiven.
And i have been forgiven.
And this resilient thing
that prompts me to love again
somehow finds ways to wake me up
just in time
to realize
that the best gift ever,
was at the times I had been low
Aint nothing sweeter
than to see the hill from the valley.
I see it.
I do... "feel" it.
Well enough to want to try...
Well enough to want to climb...


Well enough to start over...now.

Thank you Lord.
Thank you, ever so much.
Ever, ever so much.
I am blessed.

6 comments:

theicequeen said...

Happy Birthday then!!!!..and nice poem too..i might have to steal it on my own birthday because..because well, i relate to it some parts *sigh*

The Activist said...

Happy birthday sis. I am happy you are wiser, calmer, stronger that is a the spirit to have.

We are overcomers! Many happy returns

Unknown said...

Happy buffday Gurl!...MMMMMWWWAAH!

eizzy.k said...

i know its a bit late buh happy b'day!!
I can see growth...

Diary of a Mad Soul Sista said...

Its never late, love. Thank you!!!
Growth? Really? Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hello Sis you are really talented, thank you for allowing me to view. I identify with this poem so much. You said everything perfectly. You are awesome girlie!!!