Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Love n Bees


I beg you, please! do not love me. Your 143s make me nervous because I know your sugar aint free, pleaseeee do not love me. This sticky type love that snuffs me, denies me of space this type that attempts to demote me to a suckle-stance this love that you so demand that i must appreciate, that i must accept, that i must want, this passive-aggressive type love that is governed by laws that i know is glorified hatred, this gangsta “you either with me or you with them so you better be pickin a side” type love this strictly conditional depends on the day, the time, the way, the how, the fucking weather, or maybe even the color of font you got tonite type love that requests that i be dumb type love, love that wants me to succumb to wreck...this sugar-sweet though i'm diabetic type love that you insist is my realest love, who gave you the damn right to tell me what love i will or will not ever know? Since when did God die, since when did you board that throne? I sure as heavens didn’t get that memo!
This "oh you off to the mall?, but wait... we should go together" - type love! the type that suggests we rock matching color-gears -type love THIS shit type love that attemps to suffocate what makes me, that attempts to block all light rays away from me this type love this "i thought i almost saw the rainbow there for a minute till you arrived at ma door for the hundrendth mothafucking time"-type love! LOVE... that places my wallet on a pedestal, praises my ignorance and blesses my pride, this love! Love? is it? oh, i know it... this "love" that requires that hands MUST be locked once the doors ajar, eyes MUST stay locked since we being watched type love love that demands rehearsals looking like two pathetic losers love like sugar type love.... i know this love, i felt this love, i once thought i had no other choice but this love... couldnt reveal the true cards to the world... Never believe what you hear till you see it, never believe what you see till you're it. Couldnt get no one to see it then but i'm good now, shame wouldnt let me tell the truth of this ...love, you call it? yeah...The love that admires my blindness, belittles me till i am hardly worth more than a damn material! I'll tell you now, i aint ma hair! Do you not ever wonder what it took to achieve this? Really,... do you?
I sometimes wonder…why, why, why oh why? i mean...why is it, so hard to catch a bee when we brewed from the same tree? Gimme honey, anyday. Your sugar is artificial. Gimme honey made by the busiest bees! Bzzzzz.... nice to meet you. Honey annointed by their buzzes lust after by men GIVE ME IT! Blind men seek it, but never will they find cuz you cant catch a comb till you open your eyes! gimme that honey that purifies even the dullest minds gimme that! that shit that strengthens your neck, erects your musles, keep your head standing tall, make you resonate the king in you. Gimme honey of eden, honey in the most brilliant words give me please! Bee sting till i cant be healed, let me ingest its every drop! Honey today honey the next honey to soothe ma greatest thirst… honey of ma lands honey of the milkiest trees off the coasts of Trinidad. Mix it in ma cocoa in the morn and ma cocoa in the eve, serve me till the combs run dry...Cest moi, Mademoiselle Hibiscus,...hold it to the tip'f ma tongue, hold me in the highest height of climax. gimme that juice till i cant wait to cum! gimme honey allday, everyday...as far as i'm concerned, your sugar is artificial.

12 comments:

Ms B said...

You, my friend(if I can call you that), are certainly the last outta the crate.my God, you are hilarious, in a very serious and bitchy way.Just stumbled into spoken poems recently, and i like ur spoems.They are very expressive.You seriously should consider going professional with it.It's impossible not to love you.Okay so i guess this is getting long, just dropping by to show some love.Keep keeping it real.

lulu said...

came by your blog to ask for a favour... am doingh an article 'one night stands' for a magazine that looks at women 'soul to soul sorta closure,
now all i need is some real people that have had a real experience 'one night stand thing' how they felt after, why they did it and so on... generally a whole naration, they dont have to put actual names, they could be pseudo full names but must put their age and occupation and send it to my email at leeeceee@yahoo.com.
know anyone? or you? i would be most grateful...thanks...plse pass it on, my deadline is 2morow midnight...

Tandra said...

interesting phrase to use, "your sugar is artificial" niiiiiice.

thanks for dropping by.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kafo said...

i love it

it is not his fault now
take it easy
but then inviting himself to the mall
hmmmm

Diary of a Mad Soul Sista said...

miss b: glad you found it funny. its interesting how different people interprete different things. i wouldnt have noted any humor in it if you hadnt mentioned that. bitchy? now that, i knew lol but not hilarious. spoken poems/words is the best sort of artform that i enjoy most and i cant thank you enough for appreciating mine. it definitely feels good to be appreciated for your poetry... do you write too? i wonder. i'll check your blog. and about keeping it real? i will... thats all i know to do is to keep it real lol

Lulu: sorry i couldnt help you with that. i wish i could have.

Tandra: you're welcome and yeah, i love that phrase.

Kafo: yeah that part of it was about a boy i dated that just had to prove to the world that we were the best couple even though we werent. anyway, the poem was about "love" in general and how distorted and abused the word has been. I've chosen to make up another word to replace what the word "love" use to mean to me before it was butchered... i think i like "honey"... anyway hope you're cool. will check up on you in a minute.

Poetic Justice said...

I don't know where to begin to talk about wha I just read! Wow! That is the true description of how people in love can loose sight of wha is love. Standing ovation my lady. I am now your biggest fan!

anonymous gal(retired blogger) said...

im loving this.thumbs up.

Diary of a Mad Soul Sista said...

Poetic, i'm flattered. thanks! yeah it is, people can really get the meanikng of love twisted, cant they? yeah the post was about people in love and people in general, who claim to love. Who claim to love you but really are just trying to control you. Or in some parts of the poem, it talks about people who claim to love you but really arent in love with you; these type of people are just looking to get you to love them (which is DEFINITELY different from them loving you) in ways that they have defined love.

Annon, heyyyyy! thanks. i see you're feeling better (well, at least better enough to post comments)

soul said...

step back poetic justice lol...
MadSoul already has a number one fan lol...

I want to comment on this..but no words are really necessary.

little miss me said...

im speechless right now.. how do i say i loved this post in a better way than saying 'i loved this post!!!'
great great great piece, i must commend you, i felt like i was front and center at a poetry club..big ups!keep em coming.