Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I am sorry, Bettina

I got the message an hour ago
Ever since, i have been regreting
Last time i saw u
u was on hi5
i passed through
without even sayin hi
didnt bother to add you
why didnt i?

Got the message an hour ago
You are now dead

"Bettina died yesterday"
"She jumped over a bridge downtown"

Jesus CHRIST!

what could have been going through your mind?
WHat could you have been going through
That made life so worthless, so ubearable for you

I am so sorry

To me, you were happy
sometimes "tooooo" happy
Giddy
Bright
Pretty
Ambitious
Smart
To me,you were definitely not suicidal
I mean, sarcastic and quiet at times
BUT DEFINITELY NOOT SUICIDAL!


Wish i had been there
to let you know u aint alone
To tell you you may talk to me
To encourage you to stay here- in this life- on this earth!
To let you know
that i too, could have done thesame thing

And then i remember
that depression isnt caused by the issues in our lives
It only merely displays itself
In how we deal with those issues

I am so sorry

Rest in perfected peace,

Bettina Fletcher, 1983-2007.

3 comments:

36 INCHES OF BROWN LEGS said...

sorry for your loss. May God give u the fortitude to bear the loss.

Naijadude said...

Its really sad to know about people that we know sudden demise.
Well you will be fine just pray for her!

Diary of a Mad Soul Sista said...

amen o! @ 36inches
@naijdude: abi o! may God accept her soul. may she rest in perfected peace. amen